Upcoming Fundraiser

No events

Who's Online

We have 65 guests and no members online

Upcoming Training

No events

The year began with the purchase of Roberts Rule of Order to be used to conduct the company meeting. In March, a number of things occurred. First, a fire hydrant was installed on the water line from the reservoir, at the intersection of Colebrook Road and Roundtop Road. Second, a sign was placed on the ground stating "The Future Site of the Londonderry Fire Co". Third, and most important, the company voted to purchase a used pumper from Union Hose Company of Middletown. This pumper is a four-wheel drive, 1942 Chevy Military Vehicle with a 300 gallon tank and a 350 gpm pump. The company purchased the pumper for $800.00. This pumper acquired the nickname "The Bullet Wagon" because of its military beginnings as a prime mover. The acquisition of this pumper made it necessary to provide housing for the vehicles. Arrangements were made with the Township to house the vehicles at the township equipmet building. A building committee was formed to begin the process of building a firehouse.

In June, the Civic Association held a fair to benefit the fire company. Over the summer, Gruber's boat was used for a water rescue in the township. In October, bingo was moved to Corby's building on Route 230. In December, the company paid off the mortgage on the land and also approved making an application for a loan to build the firehouse. In addition, the company planned for an annual banquet and acquired a 55-foot siren tower.